Personalized Coaching Packages
As a mom to two young boys, a Special Education Teacher, and a Behavioral Consultant for families and teachers of children with and without Special Needs, I have discovered the amazing and undeniable link between a child's happiness and their sleep. I also discovered early on that I had more patience, stamina and ability to enjoy every moment with my children when I felt more rested. For these reasons, I dedicated a large part of my recent professional life to understanding the science of sleep, as well as to serving as a Certified Gentle Sleep Coach.
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program is the first and most extensive professional sleep coach training and certification program available. The program involves over 80 hours of training with a faculty panel that includes 2 medical doctors, a psychologist, an attorney, lactation counselor, postpartum doulas and a family therapist.
Each coach must pass an exam and participate in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a. “the Sleep Lady”) who has been helping tired parents for over 17 years. Continued clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach.
Training topics included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques to help parents of children age 0 to 6 years old
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
MY PHILOSOPHY AS YOUR COACH
Many parents ask great questions like, " Are you a 'cry-it-out' proponent, or a family bed advocate?" or "Do I have to stop breastfeeding to sleep coach my child?"
My belief is: you do not have to pick a "camp" because this is not about "right" or "wrong", it is about what works for you and your family.
The Gentle Sleep Coach (GSC) philosophywas developed by Kim West, LSCW-C because she found that so many parents had difficulty following through with a sleep coaching program that didn't match their families--so many families worried they would damage their child(ren) emotionally, or the parents had so much guilt that the did not want to move forward in the process.
The GSC method is for you and your family if:
- you tried "Ferberizing" or any other method of sleep training and it didn't work for you;
- your child used to sleep with you in bed, with you next to your bed, or in his/her own bed without any problems, and is now experiencing sleep disruptions that are concerning to you and your family;
- you believe in co-sleeping but you find that your baby isn't sleeping all that well, even nestled snugly with you and/or your partner at night; or
- you enjoyed a co-sleeping relationship at one point, but would now like to transition your family bed back to the marital bed.
Much of what I base my coaching work on comes from the work Kim West has done with Good Night, Sleep Tight and the Good Night, Sleep Tight Workbook. Sometimes, families can read these resources and get back on track with their child(ren)'s sleep in no time! If you find that you are struggling with implementing the strategies in this book, do not hesitate to schedule a free 15-minute consultation with me, where I can explain how coaching works and your role in getting your baby to get more sleep!
Join my email list today to receive your Chapter 1 of The Good Night, Sleep Tight Workbook with specific steps you can start taking NOW to prep for Sleep Coaching Success!